Welcome to Rockland SCORE!
We are here to assist you navigate the world of small business ownership. Our clients represent a broad range of individuals and businesses. We work with:
- Owners of existing small businesses.
- Individuals looking to change careers and start their own business.
- Not for Profit organizations.
- People looking to stay active, focused, and enjoy additional income.
- Anyone who wants to know more about the world of small business ownership.
Over the years of serving the Rockland community we have meet with and assisted thousands of individuals in mentoring sessions, seminars and workshops. Clients can meet with our volunteers as many times as needed and there is never a charge for a mentoring session.
Our mission is to help our clients:
- Understand the world of small business operations and the criteria for success.
- Develop business plans to assess the reality and risks associated with their business idea and operations.
- Serve as an on-going mentor as they move forward with their plans and activity.
Rockland SCORE is part of SCORE, a national association, which is an all-volunteer, not for profit organization with some 12,000 volunteers in over 340 Chapters across the United States. Rockland SCORE, headquartered in Suffern , New York, is staffed with volunteers from a variety of business backgrounds who are dedicated to assisting clients, in helping resolve issues and mentor for those already in business or those who want to start their own business.
Our private, confidential, and free mentoring sessions are held on:
- Tuesday’s and Thursday’s at our Suffern Office in Brucker Hall, at Rockland Community College.
- Tuesday’s at New City Volunteer Ambulance Center, 200 Congers Road, New City.
- Friday’s at Rockland Economic Development Corporation at 2 Blue Hill Plaza in Pearl River.
- Monday and Thursday evenings at Street Community Center, 31 Zukor Road. in New City.
- Wednesday afternoons at RCC-Haverstraw Extension Center, 37 W Broad St, Haverstraw.
Appointments may be made immediately by clicking “For An Appointment with Rockland SCORE” and schedule your appointment at the location and time most convenient for you.
If necessary, you may schedule a appointment by calling the Rockland SCORE Office (845) 426-1206 at any time. Leave a brief message including your name and phone numbers and one of our volunteers will contact you to arrange your appointment.
SCORE also has a Cyber Service, where Mentors from across the country will answer start up or business questions via the Internet. This service may be accessed through the SCORE Association web site:www.score.org.
SCORE services are provided without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, and disability.
Persons with disabilities may request reasonable (special) accommodations (with a two-week advance notice).
For special accommodations, please contact:
Rockland SCORE, Chapter 677, Brucker Hall, Room 6102G, Rockland Community College, Suffern, NY 10901 -Tel: 845-426-1206